The sister company of CD PROJEKT RED (responsible for the worldwide success of The Witcher, the video game series adapted from Andrzej Sapkowski's books), GOG.com is a digital distribution platform, which offers customers the greatest selection of PC, Mac and Linux games, both classics and day-one titles, DRM-free, with lots of extra goodies and amazing customer support.
Our work environment is relaxed, and the company philosophy often goes against the typical corporate flow. Working in an international team of over 100 passionate video game industry professionals, you will not only have the opportunity to expand your skills to their limits but also have fun while doing so. We love what we do and we do it for a reason.
Person on this position will be actively monitoring all of the services at GOG.com to assure they operate in the most efficient manner.
- Monitor GOG.com’s infrastructure and react during downtimes or performance issues.
- Provide quick & reliable technical assistance and support for incoming tickets/tasks.
- Maintain our colossal IT Infrastructure (nearly 700 virtual servers and more yet to come).
- Identify and escalate cases that require urgent attention.
- Work closely with our Administrators and Web Development team to maintain a DevOps culture that allows for a smooth development process.
- Work with High Availability and scalable systems (Loadbalancers/Database Clusters/Storages).
- Explore and potentially implement new technologies or improvements suitable for GOG.com’s infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Linux Debian configuration and monitoring.
- Knowledge of typical internet protocols.
- Minimal knowledge of network protocols (tcp/udp).
- Ability to write simple Bash, scripts for monitoring, or automation of tasks.
- Ability to analyze logs using awk/sed/cat.
- Readiness to work in shifts (including weekends and night hours).
- Openness and willingness to learn.
- A friendly approach to communication as well as an eagerness to support co-workers: we’re all people here at GOG.com :)
- Intermediate spoken and written English allowing everyday communication.
- Knowledge of monitoring platforms.
- Experience in IT infrastructure administration.
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of digital distribution.
- A gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games - living & breathing them!
- A competitive salary and great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts.
- A Profit Sharing Program after 6 months of work, where employees share 10 % of GOG.com's net profit (paid out once a year).
- Access to a health care and sport activities package.
- A full-time job in our Warsaw, Poland headquarters.
- A relocation package for foreigners as well as assistance from our HR throughout the whole process.
- Polish lessons should you need them.
- Frequent social activities, free fruits, an in-house cantina, and other goodies are a standard.
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games.